Beyond Blue - beyondblue.org.au
Beyond Blue’s vision is for all people in Australia to achieve their best possible mental health.
Beyond Blue works with the community to improve mental health and prevent suicide.
What Beyond Blue does:
- Beyond Blue supports the places where we live, learn, work and play to tackle stigma and discrimination and champion mental health and wellbeing.
- Beyond Blue provides information, advice and support to help all people in Australia achieve their best possible mental health.
- Beyond Blue plays a lead role in the national effort to prevent suicide.
Mental health statistics:
- One in six Australians is currently experiencing depression or anxiety or both.
- 3 million Australians are living with anxiety or depression.
- Each day in Australia, more than nine people die by suicide.
The Beyond Blue Support Service:
- The Beyond Blue Support Service supports people experiencing anxiety, depression, and those at an increased risk of suicide with counselling, information, advice and referrals.
- Last year, Beyond Blue supported over 250,000 people via phone, web chat and email.
- For information, advice and support visit: beyondblue.org.au
- For immediate support, contact the Beyond Blue Support Service to speak with a trained mental health professional who will listen, provide information, advice, and brief counselling, and point you in the right direction for further support. This service is free and available 24/7.
- Phone: 1300 22 4636
- Email or online chat: beyondblue.org.au/getsupport