Reducing the financial impacts of family violence
The Economic Abuse Reference Group (EARG) is a group of community organisations aiming to improve business and government responses to economic abuse, and therefore reduce the negative financial impact of family violence. The group’s work is focused on Victoria, where the recent Royal Commission into Family Violence made several recommendations for government and industry, though it also works with interstate or national agencies on national issues such as banking and insurance.
Members of the group include family violence services, community legal services and financial counselling services. Collectively, EARG’s members have broad experience working with victims of family violence, industry and government. Areas of concern to EARG include banking, insurance, utilities including water, tenancy and infringements.
- Consumer Action Law Centre
- Domestic Violence Victoria
- Financial and Consumer Rights Council
- Good Shepherd Youth and Family Services Australia & New Zealand
- Justice Connect
- Uniting Kildonan
- Women’s Information & Referral Exchange (WIRE)
- Women’s Legal Service Victoria
National and non-Victorian Organisations
- Care Financial Counselling Service & Consumer Law Centre (ACT)
- Financial Counselling Australia
- Financial Rights Legal Centre (NSW)
To find our more, visit EARG at https://earg.org.au/