Why the Thriving Communities Partnership?
Despite nearly $500 billion being spent annually on health, welfare, education and housing, millions of people in Australia are still living in, or on the edge of, vulnerability or poverty.
- More than 60% of the population are experiencing some level of financial stress
- 13% of the population experience severe or high levels of financial stress
- 1.5 million households are living off less than $650 per week, and despite the cost of basic services such as energy nearly doubling, Newstart allowances have not kept up
- Close to 3 million people are living below the poverty line
However, less than 1% of the population are accessing corporate hardship programs.
About Thriving Communities Partnership
We work together to create deeper awareness and connections across communities, organisations and government by building collaborative networks and platforms for collective learning and action. Anyone and everyone experiences vulnerability over their lifetime. The challenge is not to ‘fix’ people, rather to unite and shape a system around what works better for people. We aim to create a fair and connected system, so that everyone in Australia can achieve an adequate standard of living, and live free from discrimination.
What We Do
TCP work under the following Strategic Pillars:
- Connect - Build deeper connections and networks for collaboration and platforms for collective learning and action
- Capability - Build our collective understanding of vulnerability and increasing our collective capability to better support people across Australia
- Change - Establish platforms and initiatives for place-based and national collaboration for impact
Why Become a Partner
Our Partner Benefits pack below highlights the benefits of becoming a partner of Thriving Communities Partnership and the different ways we deliver on our strategic pillars of Connect, Capability and Change.